Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Playoffs, Game 4

The Oilers are breaking my heart. While it is some of the best hockey to watch, it is also some of the worst outcomes as well. After Dwayne Roloson injured himself with 6 minutes left in the third period in game 2 everyone knew playoffs had shifted for the Oilers. You can’t fault Markkanen for the job he’s doing in his place- he is only one player on the team, but a loss doesn’t hurt any less.

I would love nothing better than to bring the Cup home again to a Canadian team this year. While I will admit that the Hurricanes are a deserving team, their city certainly isn’t. If they end up taking it in game 5 I will be upset for a number of reasons, one of them being that it ruins my chances of casually getting together on Saturday with a certain someone I’ve got my eye on. However, I will be a gracious loser if only because of the way Cam Ward has impressed me with his heart and tenacity between the posts. Just don’t let me see Brind’Amour hoisting the cup.

Come on boy’s, Canada’s behind you- Go Oilers!

No comments: