Thursday, June 15, 2006

Crash & Burn

I was just looking over some things online in the History department of my Ph.D University. I stumbled across a female Ph.D studentv who is not only working on a dissertation that is eerily similar to mine, but also has a two year jump on me and a published article on the topic! Shiiiiiit. If I'm forced to change my thesis because of this woman I have no idea what I'll do. There isn't another topic I want to work on or even another area. This topic is the only reason I decided to go to grad school almost 3 years ago now.

I can only assume that her area of focus is European and not North American or British history. I guess I'll just have to wait to find out in September what'll happen to me. I can only hope I'm not DOA with my dissertation. The Horror.

No comments: