Monday, June 26, 2006

Patience

Patience is a virtue. It’s something that I can have in spades at one moment and absolutely none in other situations. At the moment I’m feeling incredibly impatient with Constable Neil and the pace of things. It just so happens that we’re both at a time in our life and career’s that is incredibly intense, time consuming and leaves little time for a social life. While I’m finishing up my thesis, he’s completing his police training before joining a force in a town over from the University town. Incidentally his graduation from OPC and the completion of my thesis will coincide in the same month and the pace of life will slow down a bit, but not completely abate.

Right now the only time we see each other is on the weekends, and only if we both happen to be in my hometown on the same weekend. Lately it hasn’t really worked out that well for us. We’ve been emailing back and forth, but he only replies once or twice a week if I’m lucky so it’s a bit frustrating to say the least. There are so many reasons for me to just walk away and forget about it. It would be so much easier to remain as casual friends, and yet there’s a part of me that doesn’t quite want to give up just yet. I’m just not used to having a man who’s interested in me act so disinterested to the point where I feel like I’m an out of sight, out of mind girl to him.

Besides, we have some unfinished business between us from this night. I have yet to cash in on my winnings from one of the games of poker we played. I’m hoping I’ll get a chance to collect this coming weekend, and if I’m still not really feeling it between us after that I’ll make the decision.

No comments: