Friday, June 30, 2006

Anesthetize

I just want to get laid. To anesthetize the feelings that are overwhelming me. Mindless fucking until I stop seeing your face in my mind and feeling the ghost of your touch on my body. Until the last whispered breath in my ear is silenced. Until the memory of your eyes drinking me in are no more. Until I stop waking up in the middle of the night expecting you to be beside me. Until I can just be.

But I know when it’s over you’ll still be there, in the shadows of my mind and I will not have found any more peace than before I fell into the arms and bed of someone else. No matter how hard I try or how many days have passed you are still there. Permanently etched into my memory, for better or for worse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This touched me.

Jane Canuck said...

Lola, I'm honoured that you felt moved enough to comment. I know that's a rarity for you, so thank-you.