Sunday, July 23, 2006

Stat-Counter Stomach Drop

I uploaded the StatCounter software to my blog a few days after I began it. I was curious about who was reading it and where they were from, but mostly I wanted to see if Mr. Intellectual would bother dropping by since he was the only person I knew in real life who had the address. To this day he has never read my words.

I check in to the program every once in a while when I see the number at the bottom go up significantly. For some reason my stomach drops every time a location close to my hometown or my current University town shows up in the list. I know that none of the people who wander through know me in real life, but sometimes knowing that someone who's virtually a next door neighbour to me reads my words is a scary prospect. As an anonymous blogger I'm afraid of being outed and loosing the one safe place I have to put my inner turmoil without feeling judged.

No comments: