Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Rituals


The best mornings for me start off with a quiet cup of tea. I like to sit in solitude and ponder my life and the important things in it over a hot cup of tea. Call me crazy, but I have certain mugs that are for certain tea's only. Put the same tea in a different mug and it just doesn't taste the same. This is one of my favourite mugs and was left in my current house by the last tenant. It's completely ugly on the other side, but it's perfect for cupping in two hands and holds in the heat longer than some of my other mugs, meaning I can linger over it that much longer.

Last summer my early morning's sitting on the back patio of my parents house with a cup of tea were some of the most peaceful and beautiful moments of my year. I realized in those moments just how fortunate I was to be able to sit in a park like setting, surrounded by my mother's gardens, my father's orchard, and the quiet sounds of nature every day.

No comments: