Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Housemate Woes

I just got home after working the evening shift, along with some unexpected overtime. I'm tired. So tired I was falling asleep on the road. As I pulled into the driveway I could hear music, and singing. The guy who rents the basement is a musician of a sort in a band. He's currently playing an electric guitar in the basement and singing- with speakers, amps and a freaking microphone. I just want to crawl into bed and sleep but I suspect he'll be up for quite some time since he's composing a new song. To add to my annoyance he has chosen to locate his studio in the bedroom directly below my bedroom so everything, including the vibrations from the bass and what not, filters directly up through the floor to my bed.

This is why I want to move out in a hurry, and also one of the reason's why I've spent the last 3 nights at The Jock's. In fact I've slept over at his place more nights this week than in my own house. I was half thinking of sticking around here until the middle of August, but after tonight I'm moving out July 31st and going up to my house in the new University town where I know there is peace and quiet and air conditioning as well! I can't get out of here fast enough.

No comments: