Monday, April 03, 2006

Tendering Offers

Today I received my first offer of acceptance into a Ph.D program at a really great University. It was the school I was the most concerned about since they’re tough to get into, however I seemed to have made it through with flying colours.

Not only are they accepting me on the first round of decisions, they’re offering me a pretty generous scholarship to attend their school. To say I’m excited about this news is an understatement since I was quite worried about not getting in anywhere. I now have to wait and see what the two other schools I applied to will offer me before I make any decisions. This is sweet vindication after being passed over on the first round of admissions offers for my Master’s, and then only being offered conditional acceptances on the second round of offers. It was a bit of a blow, but I pulled through and I’ve become reaffirmed in my abilities.

I am actually on my way to becoming Dr. Jane Canuck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! how long will it take?

Jane Canuck said...

Right now I've tentatively set the date for graduation at Spring 2010. I'm hoping I can get it done in 4 years, since I don't want to still be in school when I'm 30.