Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Unfulfilled Craving

For the past two weeks or so I have had the biggest craving for After Eight ice cream. I first tasted it almost 2 years ago and immediately fell in love. Finally an ice cream that is more chocolate than mint! The only problem is that it is next to impossible to find. I have been to two of the local grocery stores several times since the craving has hit with no sign of it. In desperation tonight I even checked out the Nestle website and there's no mention of it! They also create Baci ice cream, which I saw in a store over the weekend, but was not listed on their website either. I'm not sure how much further I'm willing to look. I know there are a couple more grocery stores in town that I have never set foot in, but might be tempted to scout out if this craving doesn't go away soon. However, if I end up looking around the grocery stores in my hometown I know I'm having issues. How would I even transport ice cream an hour and half back to the Uni town without having it melt all over? Would a regular cooler packed with ice suffice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever had the original After Eight mint, a individually wrapped waffer thin chocolate mint, my sister hates them she calls them toothpaste sandwiches. They were very popular in the early eighties for an after dinner treat. Packing it in ice in a good cooler should keep solid for a few hours. However, wrap it in a bag so if the ice starts to melt it doesn't water log the container.