Saturday, May 07, 2005

Why a Blog?

Why did I start a blog? Well for a number of reasons. I was introduced to blogs through my brother J2, who had several friends with blogs, and started his own for a six month trip through out Europe. I slowly started reading some really great blogs and over the last few months I felt compelled to join the masses. My desire to blog started slowly. I was looking for other women bloggers that I could identify with. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places, but I still haven't found a group of twenty-something, single women either in grad school, or starting out in the working world. What I did find were a lot of Mom's and Dad's, newly-married twenty-somethings, a Merry Widow at 26, and girl who's Bitter with Baggage at 30-something.

While I love reading these blogs and a few others several times a week, or even daily, I still didn't find anyone I closely identified with and could relate to on a regular basis. So here I am. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most witty writer, or even the most interesting anecdotal writer, but what I am is honest. I needed a place where I could finally be completely honest with myself all the time. There's been a lot of upheaval and change in my life in the past year and I'm still sorting through it. It's my hope that through writing I can make some sense of it all, and find out what it is I really want out of this life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the blog, grad school, and life in general. I've been in grad school and had my fill. Life and blogging I'm not done with yet. :)

PAMMIE said...

I clicked through to your blog from Carol's (The Second Half).

Though I'm not sure I'm a blogger you can "identify" with, I'm 25, tried the working world, and am back in school. I feel like I can relate to you a bit...

I just wanted to post in case you felt like checking out my blog. I just started in April too, but I'm loving it.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ph.Depressed,

I came across your blog when I typed the word 'depressed' in Google blog search box. Although this is a word that aptly defines me sometimes, I am not depressed all the time. My depression starts all of a sudden, mostly because of reasons unknown to me and I can't stop being depressed for a few days. I am in academics and I am 29. I get depressed very often, without any reason, although there may be reasons sometimes. i like reading your blogs, but have read only a few of your posts. Anyway, reading your blogs made me realize that there are some areas which you and I have in common. I will be in touch with you ,once in a while. I also agree that talented women who are young and depressed, yet want to do something about it do not have too many blog sites of their own. So we are a minority, you see.

Anonymous