Monday, May 02, 2005

I'm Home

I made it back to my parents place late last Sunday night, completely exhausted. At times it seemed like the weekend that would never end, especially on the drive home when we were a tad lost in the back country. I think I've seen enough cows, corn fields and rocks for one lifetime.

I ate great food, drank very good wine and spent way too much money on things for myself here . It wasn't nearly as horrible as I thought it would be.

I had to run back up to school early Tuesday morning to show around my long-lost best friend from highschool who's shopping around on campus for a graduate advisor in horticulture. I stuck around a few extra days to take care of some administrative details surrounding my thesis work and a side project and arrived back at my parents house just in time to help out in the orchard. Not a monumental task, but my father and uncle were cutting down two rows of dwarf cherry trees and needed a quick hand to move brush and pull out some buried irrigation- an experiment that didn't work out for my Dad.

No comments: