Thursday, January 05, 2006

Life is Annoying

I woke up this morning to the sound of the garbage truck on my street. Before I could register that yes, that is indeed the garbage truck and no, I didn’t manage to put out my garbage last night, it had moved past my house. By the time I bolted out of bed and down to the front window to see if maybe they were just starting my street, the truck had bypassed my empty driveway in favour of my neighbour’s house. I definitely did not want to be that woman on my street who chases after the garbage men in her pajama’s with a severe case of bed-head, garbage bags in tow. I avoided the humiliation and ambled back to bed, cursing silently for missing pick-up. I’m still new to the neighbourhood and trying to figure out the pick-up schedule with the Holiday’s thrown in is not coming easy. I’ll just have to live with an extra bag of garbage and recycling in my kitchen until next week as penance.

No comments: