Friday, November 02, 2007

I Foresee A Long and Difficult Month

Upon moving into my new house, I quickly discovered how painfully slow and unpredictable our internet is. To say I'm upset is an understatement. We're getting new service next week, but I'm not holding my breath because it is only one step up from dial-up, and that doesn't address our poor wireless signal in the upstairs of the house. As someone who lives on and for the internet this is a disaster. The internet is my lifeline, my entertainment, my research tool and academic lifeblood. Without reliable, quick internet my job becomes that much harder. It's also going to make daily postings for NaBloPoMo that much more difficult. As if it isn't hard enough to come up with something to write about daily, now I have to fight the internet as well to make sure I get something posted every day.

I'm going to have to figure out something here, even if it means living on campus for better internet or pirating a neighbours signal. Unfortunately I haven't yet picked up any good signals from the neighbours. I think our subdivision is too new and there aren't as many students around here as in my last neighbourhood.


2 comments:

bee said...

it sounds like you and i have walked a lot of the same paths with depression. i hear you on so many different levels.

i found your blog (via its name...i liked it) on the blogroll at nablopomo. i will be back, if that's all right.

Jane Canuck said...

Hi Bee, thanks for stopping by and feel free to come back whenever. I don't have that many regular readers, so it's nice when they delurk.

~ Jane