Friday, November 21, 2008

Holiday Decorations

A couple of years ago I taught myself how to Tat. After some false starts and a lot of time in between I've taken it up again.


Snowflake, Work in Progress


Over the last few days I've begun to make a couple of snowflakes as Christmas decorations. I had originally planned to offer up a set as a prize for completing NaBloPoMo this year.


Snowflakes, completed

I promptly dropped the ball on the NaBlo challenge, and also stalled out on getting back to Eden in regards to this prize. I'm going to try to get it in at the last minute regardless. My apologies on the bad lighting. These were taken at my desk in the late evening with no natural sunlight. The snowflakes are actually made out of a subtle off-white shade of cotton thread, and don't look this dingy in person.

3 comments:

Eryn said...

Saw these on nablopomo, they are just beautiful!

We're almost all done :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Too bad I missed a day and can't win them! :(
I have always wondered what exactly tatting is and how it differs from crochet. I must go look it up now.

cecily said...

Came your way from the NaBloPoMo prize page... I learned tatting many years ago from my aunt and grandmother. Your tatting looks amazing!